Thursday, February 24, 2011

Biscuits and Bed Time

Sooooo, yesterday I started a different position at Chick-fil-a. It is nice to have a break from handling roughly 2,100 pieces of chicken everyday (not including nuggets of course), but in my new position, I've already made 900 biscuits in the past two days. Needless to say, working in the fast-food business has been quite an eye opening experience. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be as physical as it truly is, but three weeks in and my body is finally starting to tone down on the aching. Also, it's interesting to see how every part of the business comes together to function and ensure quality and swift service.

When I worked at the hardware store, I was relatively custom to waking up early and traveling 30 minutes to work. However, when I am setting my alarm clock for 3:55am everyday, it brings about a new awareness to an early morning. However, the commute is quite ideal early in the morning. I travel through 19 red lights and stop for none of them. The hardest part of an early morning is going to bed early. It's not that I'm wide awake late at night, (quite the opposite actually) I just feel like I'm missing out on time spent with my wife, however know this is only a stage in my life and hopefully won't last too long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment