Monday, February 7, 2011

About US

It seems appropriate to have our first post on our blog to be Our Story, even thought most anyone who will see this blog probably already knows us. 

Here's OUR STORY:

Courtney and I met for the second time during our latter years of college in the fall of 2008. To our surprise, we had previously met in early childhood, yet were separated when Courtney moved away to North Carolina in 1991. (We even have baby books & home videos to prove it!) It didn't take many long conversations and fun-filled days to realize we had something special.
The only request Courtney had made of me concerning my proposal was that she HAD to be surprised!! And boy was she surprised! :) On Wednesday, January 13, 2010, Courtney and I went on a casual day out to downtown Greenville for some ice cream by the park. I'll let her tell you the rest.
Jeff surprised me with a gift that was a photo book that he had been working on for several months (which is why I fell for the "white lie" that it was a belated gift for our one-year anniversary). Let me add, Jeff has filled our relationship with extremely thoughtful gifts, which is why I was able to be fooled from realizing what was actually happening on this "random" Wednesday afternoon.
Jeff had written me a story of our entire relationship which was mixed with pictures of our past year together. After unsuccessfully holding back my tears throughout the entire book, the last page was a picture of him holding the ring. Once I looked up, he was already on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him! And of course, I cried YES!
On October 23, 2010 we were officially joined as one!

No comments:

Post a Comment